Sunday, January 3, 2010

Happy 2010!

I have written a post or two on this blog, but never stuck to it. But, I start a new job tomorrow, at the start of a new year, and with a new determination to not only stick 100% to a vegan diet, but also to make it a healthy one. I have three resolutions this year, which are:
(1) To be as healthy and in shape as I can be
(2) To do the best job I can in my new career, and
(3) To get finances in order and get a house by the end of the year

In order to do (1), I am going to start following Eat to Live, a diet developed by Dr. Joel Fuhrman, which is basically comprised of healthy vegan eating. Lots of fruits and vegetables, some whole grains, no animal products, and limit fats and starches (although have a tablespoon of flax seed a day). I am going to use this blog not only to highlight how appetizing and easy this "diet" can be (its really supposed to be viewed more as a way of life - no calorie counting, just healthy eating principles), but also as a personal food diary of sorts. It will also hopefully keep me on target and help me to change up my food so that I don't get bored and revert back to pasta, bread and wine for dinner every night!

I will do my best to post daily, and include pictures, in order to keep this going. Happy New Year, and lets do this!

1 comment:

Felicia the Geeky Blogger said...

I will be following to see what you are eating! Wish I could go a little more fruits/veggies than I currently am just don't like enough of them. However, I always like trying your recipes to incorporate into my life.